This is just for my records because I will forget about that again - like today.
I wanted to temporarily test Domino 12.0.2 as a native installation, not Docker. The machine I had for this runs Ubuntu 22.04 - which is not supported of course, but I thought this was ok for a simple test.
My problem: neither One Touch nor remote setup for configuration was possible.
Obviously I had a problem in my JSON config file so the auto config reported an error:
AutoConfiguration error: 20:A0
Well, interesting... but not helpful.
Remote Server Setup Utility
My second attempt was obviously using the manual way with the tool. But this also failed with this little poem:
At least this one told me that there was something wrong with the language settings. I am old and I forget things but I remembered myself struggling with something like this before - and this has to do with the OS, esp. Ubuntu. The locales are not set properly by default for the server setup. Though the setup itself went through, it seems to make a difference.
In this case I found a post describing this exact problem (in general not related to Domino) with Ubuntu:
Add these lines to the ~/.bashrc file
Afterwards execute a source ~/.bashrc to make it work for you.
In general it's a good idea to also add these lines to /etc/profile
Check if everything is set now with locale. You should at least see the LANG=en_US.UTF-8 line.
Run the Domino setup again. By the way: this also may fail on Ubuntu because of a different default shell. If you see this
./install: 44: [: /local/software/linux64/tools/-E: unexpected operator
./install: 51: [: /local/software/linux64/tools/-e: unexpected operator
./install: 57: [: /local/software/linux64/tools/-e: unexpected operator
./install: 1: .: Illegal option -e
Then your system does not use bash as shell but maybe dash. To change that, run dpkg-reconfigure dash and answer the upcoming question with "no". This will switch back to bash and the install script will run. This last solution I found on Daniel's blog.
Finally remote server setup started normally but I decided to use One Touch - and then I could see the reason for the failure and fixed my JSON config